Compliance and Permit Assistance
ADEQ's Enterprise Services staff serves as a centralized, cost-free resource for those who need help navigating ADEQ-enforced laws, rules, and regulations.
We provide free on-site compliance audits to help you determine whether your industrial processes meet regulatory requirements. We can help you identify and implement Pollution Prevention (P2) measures that can reduce waste, improve energy efficiencies, save money, increase business performance, and benefit the environment.
We provide free analysis of your facility's industrial processes to help you determine whether ADEQ permits are required. We can help you identify the information that must be submitted with permit applications and assist with filling out the forms. We will help you understand any record keeping, reporting and/or sampling requirements.
Regulatory Education Assistance
Our staff can tailor information and presentations to your needs. Our programs range from general overviews of environmental issues and program opportunities to detailed how-to's for permit processes, handling wastes, and other activities.
- Hazardous Waste Management for Generators Workshops help HW generators operate at 100% compliance. Record-keeping / reporting requirements and what to expect from an ADEQ inspection are among the topics covered in the free four-hour workshop.
Other ADEQ Assistance Programs
- The Arkansas Brownfield Program encourages the cleanup and reuse of abandoned properties suspected of having hazardous contamination.
- Go RED! distributes federal grant funds for projects that reduce emissions from diesel-fueled engines.
- Recycling Programs encourage the use of alternatives to solid waste disposal through technical assistance and various funding sources for recycling, e-waste, and waste tire programs.
- Tax Credit Incentives are available to eligible businesses and agencies that purchase commercial equipment for the reduction, reuse, or recycling of solid waste material.
- Waste Market Development Resources help businesses find markets for recyclables.