DEQ's Offices for Environmental Quality
Established in 2019 as part of the Transformation and Efficiencies Act of 2019 (Act 910), the new umbrella agency called the Arkansas Department of Energy and Environment (E&E) absorbed the former Arkansas Department of Environmental Quality (ADEQ), which is now named the Division of Environmental Quality (DEQ) and retains its function as Arkansas's regulatory body in the area of environmental protection.
DEQ has five offices of operations. There are three regulatory program offices: Air Quality, Land Resources, and Water Quality. There are also two support offices: the Office of Law and Policy and the Office of Operations and Outreach.
Office of Air Quality
The Office of Air Quality regulates industries that emit air pollutants. The Air Quality - Asbestos Section ensures the proper precautions are followed in the demolition or renovation of old buildings that could contain asbestos.
Office of Energy
The Office of Energy Office works to promote energy efficiency, clean technology, and sustainable strategies that encourage economic development, energy security, and environmental well-being.
Office of Land Resources
The Office of Land Resources regulates activities to ensure that Arkansas's land is protected.
- Brownfield Program
- Underground/ Regulated Storage Tanks
- Regulated Waste Operations
- Tire Accountability Program
Office of Water Quality
The Office of Water Quality regulates stormwater runoff and industrial discharges.
Additional Sources under E&E
- About DEQ's Website
- Arkansas Energy & Environment Environmental Awards
- Arkansas Recycling Markets Directory
- Arkansas State Jobs
- Clandestine Laboratory Cleanup [Meth Lab]
- DEQ Email List Information
- Emergency Response
- Environmental Self-Disclosure
- Laboratory and Monitoring Services
- Laboratory Certification Program
- Legal Orders (CAO, NOV, etc.)
- Media Inquiries
- Mining Program
- Natural State Environmental Program (NStEP)
- News Releases
- Pay Your Invoice Online
- Public Notices
- Recycling Tax Credit Program
- RFPs & RFQs - Office of State Procurement
- Supplemental Environmental Project (SEP) & Proposal Guidelines
- Title VI Information
- Web-based Environmental Applications